Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great sword

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
imbawong

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Great sword   Great sword EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:04 am

What is the best great sword,i can use in mh2 dos(offline)?blusing dame great sword is exis in offline?thank you..
Back to top Go down
imbawong

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:06 am

This time i use sieglende and velociprey armor to handle every monster..and what is armor easy to use and good defense?
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 am

imbawong wrote:
What is the best great sword,i can use in mh2 dos(offline)?blusing dame great sword is exis in offline?thank you..

I cannot say I remember, but the upgrade before blushing dame is probably as far as you can go on the GS for dragon in Dos besides your rust stone weapons. I believe it's called titernia( ティタルニア). This IMO is sufficient for offline bosses( since I beat them all with just this weapon)

imbawong wrote:
This time i use sieglende and velociprey armor to handle every monster..and what is armor easy to use and good defense?

I would think if you're thinking for an actual armour upgrade, go skill building, the lack of partners, pets and a farm would make your hunt alot more difficult even if it mean less monster hp. A good mix match of Bug "hornatuer" with Rathian pieces can get you the bare minimum of earplugs with no positive negative resistance besides thunder which is what both armours are weak to in common. The rest of the resistance modifiers should balance out and not cause you too much pain. You don't want to wear this to fight the kirin though, but since it does not scream, you don't need to anyway.
Alternatively, you can work towards wind resistance solely for dealing with the Khushala. Though from my experience, a good stash of flash bombs, poison/dragon weapons in had and a little timing would net you a kill with relative ease.

You can and should experiment mixing what you have to activate skills while you try to weigh off negative resistance, full sets tend to have leaning to bad resistance weaknesses that can kill you.

Take Khushala, Chameleon, and nana armours for example, they are generally weak to dragon and one other resistance type. This can be a big deal as many monsters sport very strong elemental attacks where their defense play very little to reduce. You'll probably do yourself a favor by listing what pieces you have in possession here and list out the defense scores, general elemental resistances and skills.
Reason I would think so is partially because it seems to me that the online resource is down now and I no longer have a good reference for DOS. Thus leaving me with little options to help you.
Back to top Go down
imbawong

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 am

Thank...how about ruststones?i mean how does ruststones work?i polish my ruststones but never give me rusted weapons?i ll try open japanese link,but i dont understand because japanese languange..thanks
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:14 am

The rust stone weapons work on the case of probability, the next time you get ruststones, keep them till you have around 3 or so. When you have enough materials to polish them all, save your game.
Proceed to polish them like you did before and see if you got the rust stone weapons, if you didn't, exit to main menu without saving and try again. Reload as many times as it takes, you should be able to get a few rust stone weapons within some 20 or so tries.
Back to top Go down
imbawong

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:00 am

I have 1 ruststones for great sword,5 ruststones for lance,1 ruststones for gunner.i polish them,but i always get rusted lance,never get rusted great sword.i want rusted great sword but never get it.what can i do,to get rusted great sword?
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:53 am

same method as above, I only suggested you have a few to work with to make the process faster.
Back to top Go down
imbawong

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:14 am

Thanx..i try more than 20 times.Now..i have ancient blade and rusted lance.thanx so much.
Back to top Go down
imbawong

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:40 am

About armor,i want armor give me skill luck..what is armor type to give me skill luck..and what is that armor give me big percentage to get rare item?
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:49 am

Skills like 剥ぎ取りwhich gives you an additional carve or 運気 which increase the amount of rewards( as I remember it) are some ways you can increase your chances for better drops. A reminder though while many pieces contribute to said skills, not all are available offline.
you can refer to http://mmpotato.hp.infoseek.co.jp/codes/MH2/bugu/arm.html#0154 to see what materials is used.
Another way rumored to increase drop rates is petting your pig, giving it some vegetables you can buy from the fat woman will make it easy to see at which point you finish petting will make it go hopping happy. On success, it's said that you have 1% additional chance for drops or carves
Back to top Go down
X-Hunter

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: About Acient Weapon   Great sword EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:46 pm

all type of weapon have Acient???

im got acient Rust Sword, and upgrade it till atk:8xx, dragon elemt:100...after that cannot upgrade anymore......is that the final??? or need some ingredient to unlock the updgrade??
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 am

Not all, from my memory, Bows, Gunlances, Long swords and Hunting horns do not have their ancient stone variation. Since your "chinese" version allows online hunts offline, I trust it might be the final form. I cannot really recall what I have found back those days and cannot play dos anymore to be able to research on said weapons and give you an answer. Perhaps the list I gave you on the other thread will give you some leads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great sword   Great sword Empty

Back to top Go down

Great sword
Page 1 of 1