Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hunted my first kirin!

Go down 
+3
jg
oz78
MrManga
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 9:38 am

You can shock trap it... when it's limping, capturing it is probably a faster way to end the quest. better rewards too!
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 10:06 am

ya i used like 3 of thoughs traps on it and its weak to water on the head but its so dangrous to attack its front unless its shock traped maybe even a flash on it i attacked inside mostly because it tail whips alot but most of all it berserks like crazy >.< and when it does it runns or break stabs.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 10:17 am

If you or anyone decides to chicken out on the garuga fights.. know tha gunning it is a sure kill. LOL
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 11:39 am

ive killed it a couple times since then its still harder than rathalos
tigerex because almost all attacks bounce unless hit in week spots and has alot more hp then rathalos and tigerex combined X_X\
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Personally it's pretty much like a athalos in health, to me that is.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 5:23 am

he does look pretty cool though
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 8:40 am

I'll use the word intimidatng... it's screams are rather annoying too, since it's got an attack radius.
Back to top Go down
MrManga

MrManga

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 11:38 am

What happend to all the Kirin talk, today i took it out twice in the training school and i can tell you one thing, what a good challange, also i never would have thought you could hit it with such a slow weapon such as a hammer, let alone kill it.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 5:56 pm

LOL actually, hammer's are probably the best weapons to deal with the Kirin, personally, I only knew how to fight it effectively with the hammer. SnS and Bow.
Back to top Go down
MrManga

MrManga

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 5:28 am

really, you would think that speed beats pure power... oh well.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 8:32 am

SnS=speed? I dunno.. I didn't want to try using duels.. tried before and to speak the truth, the results are not as I liked..
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 11:26 am

hammers can wipe out any enemy fast, if you can use it right

I can't
Back to top Go down
MrManga

MrManga

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 3:27 pm

hammers, longswords and greatswords are alike in damage, they just fit diffrent peoples wants and needs.
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 7:15 pm

i suck with sns X_x\ i used it at start of mh1 till i learned i could use other weapons X_X\ and then i picked up my first great sword i get so teary eyed when i think of it they grow up soo fast...

wrong moment lol
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:44 am

yeah. I'm a longsword lover. Although recently i have been enjoying the speedy delights of SNS
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:49 pm

argh i cant kill them G-rank kirins duo aswell GOD and theres one by himself he is.............. very annoying :/
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:07 pm

MrManga wrote:
hammers, longswords and greatswords are alike in damage, they just fit diffrent peoples wants and needs.
You do know that every weapon have a different st of damage calculation?
e.g Hunting horn super smash(triangle+circle) is not equal to a hammer's super smash(Hold R charge full). even when the damage figures are about the same. The result damage is different, with the hammer higher.

The GS is comparetive to a hammer in RAW damage but get's ahead slightly with the charged strike. It's just like a bow shot cannot kill a bug, but with the same weapon. a weak and unseeming melee strike can.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:02 am

Wow I didn't know it was that in depth
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:33 am

It's just like doing less damage on one spot of the monster and say owning it while hitting on it's head. There's also factors like it's skin hardness, it's mood(rage and not), weapon effeciency( ie hammers suck on gravios but it's belly, swords balanced on gravios overall except it's legs.. stuff.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:47 am

yeah. I like the idea of weak spots in monsters. Like the basarios belly and stuff
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:31 am

most monsters are weak to just there head or tail stub =/a couple are weak to the belly like basarious n gravious but breakables are head and tail for most every monster theres at least 1 of thoughs to break
not including wing fin claws teeth ect.

maybe we should have a math class of damage calculations like im sure when you break somthing on a monster it does good damage

and do barrel bombs do more direct damage then weapons it seems as they do other wise no1 would carry them
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 12:35 pm

yeah. Like when you chop off the Tigrex tail it falls forward and looks pretty annoyed. That must hurt more than a normal strike (plus a couple of extra sword strikes when he's down, sure helps)
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:28 pm

barrel bombs do unbelievble damage to a sleeping monster
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 8:25 am

Yes, it's a vital key to killing rajangs fast.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 9:19 am

they do extra damage on sleepers.
nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunted my first kirin!   Hunted my first kirin! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunted my first kirin!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next