Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Astinos

Astinos

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-01-07

****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu Empty
PostSubject: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 10:24 am

whatever i do, they're all seem unbeatable...
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 10:35 am

Of the three, 2 are sub species and have brothers you can practice on, the daora is a milestone that you would have to learn to fight.

I have a few general tips on undertaking difficult monsters.

If you are taking way too much damage per hit, (IE 1 hit kill) drop the quest you took and work on weaker monster for more resources, chances are, you could have upgraded something you can wear ha would make a difference.

Always keep calm and circle the monster if you do not know how to attack it effectively, learn to recognize it's movements and pick out those moves(attacks, motions) that leave it open for an attack. If you had done any bit of observational fights, you will notice that any monster has habits, like the daorajumping backwards will always roar 1st.. but you may need to attack it enough before it retrats like that.

Be sure you are poperly stocked with items you need, very item has a use. learn to use them to the fullest extent.

learn of the monster weakness, it's mostly the head.

You might want to post a little bit of how your fights progress and I may have a solution to help you adjust to the fights.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 6:55 am

which one of these have you killed astinos
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:50 am

i fought all three and its very hard! i mean if i want to upgrade my stuff, i will need to defeat this 3.

anyway just this morning i manage to capture Monoblos instead of slaying him cause il be ranning out of time.

the Red Kehzu i can't figure it out, i circle him yes, when im far he throws elec at me, and that's the time i attack him, slash him with my Poison Battle Ax, but after the Trianlge combo, he emits elec then boom, im gone far away with my health decrease almost half

for the Daora, he just keeps on flying and starts blowing at me which freezes my movement that at the beginning of the Quest, the box only supplies me with 2pcs of thawing agent
i can't see to find the opening for an attack

the Monoblos, i stand on walls in area 7, manage to slash him only twice cause he'd recover fast, after that ran and time he's sand technique which i throw SB at him, and slash him.
but i observe after 3consecutives times, my weapon (Katana Shark) begins to lose its sharpness, what would be the best weapon?? i have upraged my Dark Scythe that came from the Monoblos, would that work? i also have an Eager Cleaver.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 9:03 am

Since you have done a monoblos qust sucessfully, I suggest you try to kill it again. Also, the red khezu behaves alot like the normal one abeit having different elemental weakness. Normally I would think everyone would have a different playstyle thus if I'm to suggest you my way of approaching the monster etc it may do you more harm then good.
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 am

i would appreciate it if you share your style.
your a true Monster Hunter now, i will need a good advise from the master itself..
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 9:19 am

Let's start with checking your inventory.
With exception of Bulldrome, Gypceros, Khezu, Lao shan lung, crabs, kirin and Fatalis. a majority of the other monster have a certain amount of weakness to flash bombs. Since many monsters have exceptional attack power in rage mode, the flash bomb i a way out should the fight seemed hard pressed.
The flash bomb also temporarily disables speacial attacks such as the fire aura around the Teotra and nana.
The diablos and it's kin, the gravios and it's sub specis and basarios while can be blinded, have a bad habit of screamming almost throughout their blinded time and proves to be just as dangerous when blinded.
The sonic bomb is a special item with several applications. it stuns a Kutku, and hermituar(while it's defending) as well as the diablos and kin. other burrowing monsters such as the cephadrome, plesioth are forced out of hiding, allowing you to attack them. A note on diablos and kin, kutku are immune to flash bombs when in rage mode.
Traps are essentially the ultimate tools of ensnaring hard to defeat monsters. However, some are immune to certain traps. All ancient dragons ar immnue to all forms of traps
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 9:23 am

in capturing a monster, you need a certain trap right i know that now after trying,

now the Tranq Bomb? i don't see any list of items that i need to combine them, what i do is i repeat the Bulldrome quest cause it gives me 3 at the start.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 9:25 am

Medicines I would take time to prepare are the Mega potion, Herbal medicine, max potion(max 2), Ancient potion(max 1),Mega juice(or power juice) among other essential items like coolent or hot drinks where situation applies.

You can make tranq bombs by combining tranqusiler and bomb material.
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 9:27 am

yes i have the medicines now. but the Tranquilizer? where do i get this?
i have lots of bomb material alreday
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 am

As you probably know by now, every weapon has it's distinctive trait, while it's important to know one weapon well. it may eventually be necessary to acquire and utilise many weapon types to hasten your fights.

Sword and Shield- easy to use and has a wide range of elements, where it lacks raw power it makes up with mobility and speed. The ability to block also sometimes prevents you from being totally overwhelmed. The combination of multiple quick strikes easily makes up for it's lack of power thus it is a good chioce to start with this weapon.

Dual swords- If one weapon is good , two is better. a pair of short swords allows quick strikes and devestating chain of attacks. the duals is power and speed combined, sporting an assortment of elements. The application of elemental damage is redefined when it comes to the duals. Going into demonized mode when using duals is the speacialty of duals. while in demonized mode you can shrug off small attacks, this is easily one of the best modes as you can also defeat windpress. Your ability to execute a special combo while in demonized mode deals great damage and the absence of boucing from hard hides allow you to press an attack abeit at the expense of sharpness.

Great Sword- Almost the height of the hunter himself, the Gs sports best reach among all weapons. The GS packs power and you may further it's extent by charging the weapon. the result attack would oftenly cause a monster to stagger. The weapon is slow and less weildy as lighter weapons but even so, it allows the user the option to attack when unable to get out of the way, this is a plus as blocking can somtimes save the day. This is the weapon of choice when pitted against the largest wyverns of this game

Katana- Possessing a good amount of power and a good selection of elements, the katana is the answer for those that enjoys the reach of the GS while preferring mobility. This bad boy is wieldy and sports mostly a healthy sharpness. When your rage meter fills up you go into a similar mode like that of the demonizd mode.

you buy tranquilizers.
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 10:06 am

you the man Oz! thanks for this post!
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 10:09 am

Let's start with the monoblos for now.

The monoblos is weak to slashing weapoms to it's head, wings and tail. It is weak versus ice, lightning and a little to fire. The monoblos also posses good resistance to status effects like poison and paralysis, sleep and stun. however it can be poisoned for a moderate amount of damage. You will require green or better sharpness to effectively deal damage to it and it's screams are one of it's most noteworthy attacks.

Like it's cousins. the monoblos has the same attacks, Charging, short charge thrust, tail spin. It also burrows like the diablos. If the same in almost all aspects, the monoblos is observed to be faster overall.

It's weakness of getting stuck in walls, getting stunned when you discharge a sonic bomb at it while it's underground applies alike the diablos, it is however easier to identify if it's in rage mode... it's fan liek skull bone will show 2 columns of red spots and it picks up the pace while in rage. attacking with grater frequency.

Know your area well and exploit every weakness it has, alway attempt to lure it to ram into he wall or any solid formation of rocks that would hold it in place. To exploit it's weakness at this point, try to cut it's tail to lessen it's tail sweep radus. the appendege also allows 2 craves and you have a chance to procure a monoblo's heart(super rare) from carving the tail.

The monoblos, being weak to ice, obviously takes more damage when you attack it with Ice based weapons. It is probably a good idea to have a weapon that deals ice damage to maximise the effects of your attacks.

Blocking a scream is a good thing, weapons that allow yout o block lessens the penalty you carry when a monoblos screams. you are almost promised a swift attack following a scream.. while several monster have short scream animation. the monoblos liek it's cousins scram for quite a long time, thus making emergency eveade useless when it comes to avoiing getting caught in a scream.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 10:20 am

While battling a diablos or monoblos, always attempt to run to it's sides, it is almost alway he case for many difficult monsters because, it can most effectively deal with you when you're in it's sights, GS users would require to exploit it's weakness in ramming to walls almost all the time because their weapons are a tad slow. most of the faster weapons affords you a quick strike or 2 while it attempts to face you,
Rolling away the moment you expext an attack is bread and butter in many fights, it should be of prority to avoid the monster's front when you have just attacked, so roll away! A thing to note here, while it's common to attemot to roll away, it's probably better to just roll towards the monoblos, this is espeacially the case when you are just next to it when it charges, missing you by a hair breath. If timed correct, you'll clear it's legs just as it charges again at you.
Like the Black diablos, this monster has a tendency to burrow before attacking you.. repating this to an annoying frequency.. besure to anwer it's attack just as it starts to burrow.. give it a onic bomb just as it's tail is almost totally under. it will get stunned and struggles semi submerged to he ground, thus allowing a good amount of attacks on it.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 am

Actually, it's the common tactics to the diablos, try again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu Empty

Back to top Go down

****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Monster Hunter Freedom :: News-
Jump to: