Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Astinos

Astinos

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-01-07

****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu Empty
PostSubject: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 am

after completing ***Quest last weekend, defeating Plesioth/Green Plesioth/Gypceros/Hermitaur thanks to you Guys!!!

I can't Slay this 4 new monsters >/Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu

below are my observation

Monoblos > i used the GS for blocking his attacks, but of no use, he's fast and charge on you

Kushala Daora > can this be ever defeated??? too strong

Red Khezu > he hangs on the ceiling, i can't find a ledge to use my Gun on him
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 8:01 pm

monoblos / diablos charges at things so stand next to walls and they will get there horns stuck that leaves them open for a full GS charge and you have the blocking right block them and turn round and get underneath them and slash like mad. they also burrow under the sand when they do and there tail goes under throw a sonic bomb and they will get stuck.

kushala daora when poisoned cant use his wind attacks so get hold of a poison long sword and poison him then just be careful go in and get a few blows and use flash bombs to stop him flying. he doesnt deal much damage so if you can just stay alive for long enough you will defeat him also learn his movements so you can tell what he will do next, oh and bring thawing agent

red khezu im not sure if hes weak against fire or water
the best thing to do is wait until he blows them blue balls then give him a few blows to the head with a long sword and after he does his electric charge aswell
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 10:50 am

A tip on diablos, monoblos, poisoning them effectively keeps them from staying in the sand for long, the poison damage don't do much to them but it keeps them from stayng in the sand.
try to take out thir legs and you'll have an easier time attacking them when they fall over.

The Khushal dora(english name daora) is relatively weak to attacks on it's head, which is a prominent target if it ties to spew it's wind attack at you from the ground, lure it by standing close to it's front then go to the sid of it's head as it rears up to blow more storm on you.a few nicely placed hits on it's had will get it writhing in pain. Also, breaking 2 of it's body parts effectivly disables the wind barrier.

I'll not really worry about the red khezu's weakness, but if you wish to know it's water. same tactics as you would hold to battle a normal khezu. circling it and taking out it's legs makes the fights easier.
Extra tip. don't rely on guns if you had the red khezu quest in the swamps.
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 8:30 am

my Katana won't work with the Monoblos, he's still up until time expires.

my stratedy is in area 7 (dessert) I hide in the big rock so when he charges, his horns are stuck, 2-3 blows would be fine. but when he goes to another area, that's the problem, i don't have any rock to help me, i just stay alive by running away until he goes back to area 2
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 12:39 pm

I believe it's due to the lack of real power in your weapons ATM, Ignore the quest for a while and try to work on Blangongo and make the ice katana from it' part, the monoblos is weak to ice and lightning and the Ice katana packs a punch while sporting a healthy chunk of both green and yellow sharpness.

I would suggest you work on weakening it with bombs if the monoblos poses a problem, make and bring both the shock trap and pitfall trap as well as bring trap tools and materials to make shock traps, 3 combo books(book 1,2 and 3), flash and sonic bombs, the materials to make both bombs. The G bombs(large bomb + scatter fish you can get in pokke farm when you upgrade the pier) large bombs, paintballs and as many healing items as you can bring.

Tip one.
DO not use a flash bomb needlessly! The monoblos is sensetive to flash bombs but like the diablos, almost always screams multiple times when it is blinded, only flash it if it's in rage and you are far away to not suffer it's screams. I flash it only when I'm far off and needed to heal, sharpen my weapon far away from it or when I'm simply protected from screams... you need a high grade earplug to effective shield yourself from screams.

Tip two,
Use sonic bombs when you are sure it's not in rage and you can get near enough as it burrows to the ground. giving it a sonic bomb as it burrows( time it as it has it's tail tip almost submerged) and you will have it trashing hapless for as much as 15 seconds. Not effective if it is in rage(you'll see the crest doted with 2 rows of red marks.)

Tip three,
do not approach it from behind as it springs out from underground, it swings it's tail around and it is still dangerous even if you had cut it's tail off.

Leave it's horn intact for as long as you can, since you already knew how to exploit it's charge by having it charge and get stuck onto walls or rock pillars, use this behaviour as much as you can. I almost always aim to cut it's tail 1st because you get 2 craves from it's tail and it has a smaller area of effect when it spins around to sweep you with it's tail.

Besides exploiting it's weakness to ice, you can also consider poisoning it with SNS weapons as I have mentioned before, you deal less damage over all but the poison effect sticks to it for about a minute and a half, the poison damage irrtates it and makes it come out of the sand should it chooses to burrow oftenly.

If you took my suggestion to use bombs on it, plant as many bombs as you can when you have it nailed down either from a sonic bomb while it is underground or from traps, ignite the bombs with either items you can throw or small paint balls.

There would be some other ideas I have such as spamming duals on it's legs but I leave the choice of weapons to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu   ****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu Empty

Back to top Go down

****Quest - /Monoblos/Kushala Daora/Red Khezu
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Monster Hunter Freedom :: News-
Jump to: