Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex Empty
PostSubject: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:22 pm

I can not seem to beat this quest i have tried hammering them with Onslaught, slashing at them with TDS, and GS charging them with Spartacus blade and Sigild(no not Sigmund). I am going to try to bowgun them with Silver Spartacus then try to bow them. I am currently working on improving Spartacus Blade to Sigmund and i have already watched all the guides that Najio(idk on spelling) has. Thank you for the link Oz in pyros asking of this question. My best armors are located in Sig. I have not yet gotten any parts of Silver soul because the only los ruby i have is going towards my Sigmund. My problem with the quest is that I use regular rex armor and i die in 2 hits and sometimes 1. I am thinking of getting SUUSS in the blue crab(cent....... IDK) as I belive that is the armor Najio used in his demostration of the quest with HR 5 weapons and armors.

Items I use
Mega Potions x10
Potion x10
Flashbombs/items for Flashbombs
Pitfall trap for areas 1 and 3
Shock trap x3
Power/mega juice(for charge attacks)
Hot drink x5
Book of Combos 1-4

Items I always cant get/dont need
Paintball
Bombs
Max/Ancient Potions

This is what i use/have and any stragies or help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:06 pm

1st off, if you felt you needed better weapons, Look this list up.

To me it seemed pretty much the norm toward end game that armour prevents being one shot, but never seemed enough. So I had some skills in mind to get depending on the monster I am dealing with.

With the tigrex, as he deals 100% physical damage, I put no empathsis on elemental resistance. However you'll want to exploit it's obvious weakness to thunder.

If you saw that vid for avoiding his charge attack, the rest is just to know it's range for it's screams and the tail's hitzone to avoid them when it's used.

One thing I try not to do when dealing with duals is fighting them in the same zone, unless you're using guns flash em and run. I would pump a few shots at em after blinding them before running if I was gunning. lol

If you're melee oriented and kept dieing for no reason, I would suggest using a GS and bid you time to fight them. normally you do no want to get cornered because of the charge attacks. now since you have the option to block, abuse it an lure the rex to a wall block and let them get stuck to a wall and enjoy cutting em down.
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Yes thank you oz.
I am working on getting Sigmund just need a few more rathalos carp.......(idk) and i have it.
I also am almost done making Obuitry(idk again lol) with evade +2
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Sorry for double post

I am stuck on making Obuitry(idk lol) i need 2 thunder sacs and i used my last ones to make TDS. I dont wanna do red khezu because i barely beat it last time. Normal Khezu just flys and goes into rage to much so i cant be on the leg in the 3 high mountain areas because his thunder jump gets me, but when i go down bulldrome comes in at exactly the same time so i paint both, leave, and when i come back he is gone to another area. I have also tried to use Tryena(idk lol yet again). So i need some tips
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Well, if you asked me, I am mostly only worried about Khezu fights when I cannt block. Reason for that is that the khezu's moves aren't all that fast, but it tends to catch you with it's screams before steamrolling over you.

I have never really developed any real strategies when dealing with it, and while exploiting their elemental weakness will help it's not always nessecary.

some of the things I look out for when attacking. I would give it's defensive lightning move where it prones when doing it around 4 seconds then hit it, then get out of it's frontal arc.

Take some time and kill that bulldrome 1st.
Back to top Go down
just

just

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Well oz, I see that you now about the new site for skies of crimson. I do all my referencing there. xD
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Nvm i dont need the sacs i have jeweled the helm-legs(no arms) with Evade +2 and Sharpening skill inc. I am using tigrex arms for the sharpening with 2 jewels and i am going to go and geting Sigmund.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:42 pm

just wrote:
Well oz, I see that you now about the new site for skies of crimson. I do all my referencing there. xD

actually, I was using their site back in crinsom days... we even had organized MH meetings in a location with some of the guys who made the site..
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:21 am

Wow.Too bad no one really uses this forum much.I really wanna see all the people who registered for once...

Or at least most of em'.

If I'm not wrong, Skies of Croda retired as well didn't it?

Hope not, I still love that place.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyWed May 20, 2009 9:00 am

I dunno, it maybe the case for a while now.. bt they still have he updated news of tri and stuff. Just not as active there I guess.

If you want the active users here, thy're basically the few that posts mostly these days,We had a high influx of users months back as Jg offered to convert their saves for 2G. Restt probably are just users randomly surfing.
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyWed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

I HAVE BEAT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasnt able to complete Sigmund in time, but i used TDS and Rathalos Soul. I had 17:04 mins left and only died once.
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:17 am

To MHFanatic: Congrats! It took me a TDS and a bowgun(My friends were bowgun-ing) Eventually, the three of us took down the mighty Tigrex-es. I have no idea what bowguns they were using, but the rapid fire of pierce bullets was obvious.Not sure which level of bullets though.xD

To oz: So in other words, they just came here, made accounts and hoped that JG would convert their saves? O.O
Seems a little selfish to me.>:[
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:14 am

i agree with just they should learn to do it theirselves or just wait until MHFU comes out
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:19 am

*pat on the back @MHfanatic.
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:35 pm

Thank you oz
I think that HR 6 is a little easy i have already complete Gold Rathaian and Silver Rathalos. On the other hand I haven't even tried Black Blos and Black Gravios.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:41 pm

The black version just have more HP, Blos is afraid of ice so be sure to exploit it. also be sure to be stocked with sonic bombs as well to bring it out of the sand early in the fight for more damage.

Gravios is nothing much save the HP, the swamp version has no new moves save the tenacy to stick to the sides and shoot it's beams none stop. not too much of a problem here, just dance in front of it till it decides to charge at you.
Back to top Go down
Ranos

Ranos

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:31 am

For black diablos just use a light weapon and the items Oz said to use.

For black gravios I would just use a heavy bowgun since it is slow and tigrex S armour. The armour should have earplug with it and you only need to add one or two jewels to get high grade earplug.
Back to top Go down
http://radsfilesranos.comicgenesis.com
just

just

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:39 am

Wow. You guys have complicated methods... Heck, I just use my Peerless Slasher(You have no idea how hard it was to get the White Fatalis download quest straight from Japan. I know people. xD) My advise if you're going for longswords. Get rid of the tail. Quick. It's smooth sailing from there, if you've been using longswords for as long as I have. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:51 am

we talking about tigrex still?

my method is a hammer to the head..
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:09 pm

No we are talking about Black Blos and Black Gravios
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:09 pm

JG wrote:
we talking about tigrex still?

my method is a hammer to the head..

lol been away long huh!?
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Reminds me of the time I hunted my first Black Gravios and Black Diablos... Brings back memories. xD I got my butt kicked around the place the first few times, but once you get used to their attacks, they're as easy as Yian Kut-Ku's! xD
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:03 am

lol i can kill Kut Ku with like 1 or 2 hits with onslaught
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:29 am

Black Diablos was my first mh experience ever..
you could initiate the quest at hr1 on mhf I thought diablos sounded cool so i went into the desert... my god it came out and was huge, it dug under and chased me o_o was pretty scary stuff..
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:44 am

That is sorta how it was with me and monoblos, and then i saw the diablos quest and i was thinking what will this thing be like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex   Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex Empty

Back to top Go down

Land of the Tremors aka Dual Tigrex
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next