Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)

Go down 
+3
)-(aiKARU
oz78
pyropower
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pyropower

pyropower

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) Empty
PostSubject: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 am

Um can you recommend some armor for dual rex.
I have the technique as lower start rex's fall easily to me and my true devil slicer.
But these guys are just too fast.
so any tips on armor, weapons, skills and tactics and I will love you Smile
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 12:21 pm

If you solo alot, my advice to to always have ome flash bombs with you. you already knew he elemental weakness(lightning). If MHF2 has similarities to 2G, I sure hope that their charge attacks are dragon type for your sake here.

If you're using a weapon with the option to block, you can always block an lure the rex in the wal with your back to it. let it snap into the rock and attack while it' stuck!

also, my old advice.. circle, observe and attack in the openings! lol

BTW if it's tail is intact.. avoid it.. almost everything it does .. makes it's tail swing about... registering a hit even if it brushes past you. You should know thw erst.. scream has impact zone, can turn 180 when charging, likes to triple charge while in rage etc.
If you want advice on armour, tell us yours 1st.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:16 am

Full tigrex. giving 58 protection per piece I think.
skills-
demonic protection -10
fast eater
sword sharpener
earplug +10
autotracker +15
think thats it.
thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 10:28 am

yah i usally use ethier devil slicer or ill use a high damage GS and and just time charges
Back to top Go down
Ranos

Ranos

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 10:45 am

I only do that quest with at least one other hunter. I would recomend you to get that demonic protection deactive, because it has 25% chance to increase the damage you receive by 30%.

I think you should only fight them when one is in the zone that you are in. Flash bombs and shock traps will help.
Back to top Go down
http://radsfilesranos.comicgenesis.com
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:53 pm

do you have any other armour alternative?

btw, flashbombs are to create opputunities to eat drink, shapen.
Back to top Go down
Ranos

Ranos

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 3:33 am

I used a mix of armour, the only skill I used was autotraker. I used the flash bombs to keep it still while I attacked it, then again, I was using a light bowgun.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 5:25 am

ah. No other armor sets. Cos I have perfected the art of stubborness. Even that g-rank red khezu finally fell to my rex armor. Might be high time to get some new stuff though.
But yeah, flashes are always fun.
I think LS is where my skill lies, as GS are just too slow for me.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Not pin pointing the weapon of choice, a vid that is practice in use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGqBgImxo8

I seldom attempt to fight dual tigrex when they are together, chioce is yours to make when it comes to weapons.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:11 am

hmm. yeah, I always try to avoid it when they are together.
wow that vid rocks. It has actually given me some confidence in GS. thanks Oz
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:51 am

Credits to naijiao who uploaded the video I must say I never truly stuck to the right of rex, so I never thought o exploit tigrex in such a manner, yet all in all I think that knowledge of this blind spot something useful to anyone when facing the bugger as it can be quite a pain.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:34 am

yeah. when he pointed that out I felt like an idiot Smile
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:34 pm

hey pyro i think that LS is one of the most powerful weapons on this game because u dont lose and armour to it and u get great attack power and it is all i a quick motion
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 am

yeah, LS has been my wep from the start. but it fails to perform to dual rex sadly Sad
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:59 am

I would think that only when you run completely out of time in a single fight(Ie Azure Lao shan solo with HBG etc), weapons would be an issue. Otherwise, revise your strategy or approach to the Rex.
An easy way out in earlier fights, back to a wall with a Lance or(in this case I prefer) a Gunlance. The tigrex would charge yuou and get stuck etc, just blast it away when tha come, otherwise, block till it' safe.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:37 am

MHFanatic11 wrote:
hey pyro i think that LS is one of the most powerful weapons on this game because u dont lose and armour to it and u get great attack power and it is all i a quick motion

I disagree LS is weak compared to hammer or a GS if you can master them.
Soloing the dual rexes, i think practiseing the gs charge tactic should get you through it.
I brought a farcaster and pitfall + materials because a rex starts in area one at the beginning if you can trap him in one you can get 3 full consecutive charges =) khezu or kirin GS work great.
Back to top Go down
Ranos

Ranos

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:48 am

In my opinion, you need speed over power to fight tigrex. I always use light weapons to fight fast monsters like rex and kirin.
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry for Reopening the Topic, but i am almost certain he has not beat it yet. Pyro i would try Onslaught Hammer and if both of them appear in same area and one is attacking you and the other is just standing there then leave wait for the calm one to leave then re-enter and continue to fight.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 4:45 pm

I may have not gotten past the dual rex yet Smile
I might pick this back up and try to kill em again
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 6:38 pm

yea, i think i am going to pass you soon
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 2:25 am

probably. but next week I am gonna help my friend get up to my level, then both of us will kill dual rex easy. One each
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 6:19 am

Nice, to bad i cant do that i gotta get one of my friends this game so i can level them up and we can fight together.
Back to top Go down
just

just

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 4:02 am

I use bows for Tigrex. Pretty easy. If you can dodge the ever irritating charges.
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:08 am

MAN i cant get Dual Rex yet because stupid green Plesioth so i am going to get Hermitur S since it gives +2 block and take Gold Dragon Lance and try to kill it
Back to top Go down
just

just

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:50 am

Gold Dragon Lance? Could you tell me the path? Anyway, Green Plesioth is easy. Stay at it's Left front side (A.K.A Your right when he's facing you and you're facing him).(Stand a distance from his head and a little to your right.) Then take a good weapon with a good range, Lances or Bows will kill him in no time. Attack him from there.I kill him in 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)   Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dual rex of doom. I really need help with these guys :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next