Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

major help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lacrossefreak92

lacrossefreak92

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-25

major help Empty
PostSubject: major help   major help EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 10:23 am

k i've almost beat every creature in the game. can some one help me with ankator, rajang, and fatalis. i keep dying. i need help
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1902
Registration date : 2006-09-27

major help Empty
PostSubject: Re: major help   major help EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 2:01 pm

A few approaches to beat either of the 3, most basic IMO would be to prepare every item you forsee using, be it cool drinks, mega and max potions(volcano stage)flash bombs(akantor/rajang) or mega juices if you use Duals or hammers.

I would think you are on MHF2 since you mentioned akantor, or MHP2g for the matter, a few things to take note:

1. Know their attack patterns, elemental weaknesses and combat zones(areas you intend to fight them in)

2. Know your weapon reach and effectiveness VS the monster you intend to face off with.

3. Know their attack elemental attribute and counter the damage with armour that is strong VS their elemental attack affinity.

VS Akantor

The Akantor is Weak VS dragon so dragon element weapons would aid you in you fight, also note that it is while average in stun duration to knock out the Akantor gives you more time to deal more damage on it.

It's hugh bulk combined with the zone of combat makes it difficult to move out of harms way, but a well timed emergency evade would very likely save you where you would die. It is also noted that it's roar has an impact zone so avoid it's immediate circumference where it appears to be rearing up for a roar.

Breakable parts includes it's teeth(2 times), front claws and back. It's tail can also be cut off with weapons that sports a cutting edge, thus all except hammers hunting horns, bowguns and heavy bow guns allows you a chance at it's tail for 2 craves when cut off. Alternatively, boomerangs can be used to cut the tails as well(the trajectory is a little random though).

The erupting lava is firebased(anyone can guess this), I would think the roar(the one the starting movie starts off with) which resembles wind like connical beam be of dragon element but this awaits confirmation. At any rate elemental resistance of say fire would significantly reduce the damage inflicted on you should you get hit by say fire eruption when you have relative fire resistance.

The Akantor also sports a status attack which halves your defense when hit so carrying a few armour seeds might just make your fight less tedious. Also take note that it's charging attack registering a hit even if you touch it's tail( or any other part of it) so should you be exacuting an emergency dive be sure to dive as wide to it's sides as possible.

If you intend to use ranged weapons against it, know tha in 2G, I have observed a safe zone some 4 person distance away from the akantor, leaning to the left from center in front of the Akantor when it roars, I would mostly stand there and just shoot away as it roars.

I would leave it to the guys on suggesting approaches in beating the akantor up, however I would suggest that you take your time and learn how it moves and attacks, therein you would see the openings where you can make valid hits while you fight it.

I forgot to mention that you would want to tell us which Fatalis you have trouble with(black, crinsom, white or all)
I quote ritshopper on tips for Rajang:
Ritshopper wrote:
well, only some standard stuff.

always go to the left (his right)

use an ice atribute weapon, like high frost edge

play with friends and when it gets hard use a flash bomb.

a bow with ardrenaline and heroics may also help. thats was the way i beated dual rajang.

u can use earplugs or recistance against quake.

however, the best thing for me was a teammate, so when i got into trouble he could flash bomb me out.
Back to top Go down
lacrossefreak92

lacrossefreak92

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-25

major help Empty
PostSubject: Re: major help   major help EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 10:19 am

k thanks. the fatlis doesnt matter cuz im trying to beat them all. i didnt no that all the fatalis had different fighting styles. plus on the dual rajang, i use blango u with tectonic jewels to give it quake resistance. o i have monster hunter freedom 2, just if u were wondering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

major help Empty
PostSubject: Re: major help   major help Empty

Back to top Go down

major help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 :: Quest and Other Helping-
Jump to: