Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rathalos and Rathian

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Astinos

Astinos

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Rathalos and Rathian Empty
PostSubject: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 am

where is the opeining for the attack???

they have similar movements and its really annoying.

I manage to evade the first one and follow and Slash them but they recover and stand fast, giving me no more time to evade but get HIT!

help pls, tnx!
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 12:42 pm

you mean their charging attack? I think I answered it in the other post.
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 2:36 pm

yes their charging attack..
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 7:19 pm

https://monster-hunter.bbactif.com/news-f1/troublesome-pair-t323.htm
your thread above, it is mostly experience on my part when it comes to killig or trapping the duo. Their trampling attack can be avoided if you have,
1. blocking available to you;
2. kept your weapon and made emergency evade to the side.
3. kept yourself on their far side.

Obviously option 1 and 2 puts you close to the wyverns, sometime to your disadvantage due to the camera angles. What you want to do is to run in the directin whee th wyvern is turning to yo fro, this way it will turn with it's facing wide pass you. If you have fought the tigrex before, it's similar, except that the fireball attack is faster and both rathian and rathalos can fly.
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:46 am

I have no problems with the tigrex, I use my Devil Slicer on him.
As of now all his moves are predictable to me...

But this two are diff, although they only have the ''charging attack'' its really annoying to avoid them...

run in the directin whee th wyvern is turning to yo fro i need to learn this..
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:24 am

ok i got the link, thanks!
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 1:18 pm

when it charges pat it falls down like a tigrex it leaves him open to attack when he does this

i also like to get a charge on him when he is landing

but most of the time i stand underneath him and slash like mad while he spins franctically
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 9:23 pm

Ok Astinos, try to picture this..

You are on the left of a tigrex and it takes notice of you. Instead of your normal routine, you run to it's right while it turn to face you.
Having touched it's center sights while you passed from infront of the tigrex, it triggers it's attack routine to "charge" at you. And because you where running to it's right side, it turns wide to it's left to find you.. making it miss with it's attack because of this.

If you can picture this, or beter yet do it on the tigrex, just swap the monster for a rathian/rathalos and it should work.. the duo are actually rather slow in their charge as compared to the tigrex so it should be easy to lure a charge atack from them and getting yourself into a safe spot behind them as the stomp away.
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 am

I'll take note of this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rathalos and Rathian   Rathalos and Rathian Empty

Back to top Go down

Rathalos and Rathian
Page 1 of 1