Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Astinos

Astinos

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-01-07

tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex Empty
PostSubject: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 7:36 am

i have to complete *4, im up to Slay Yian Garuga,
and an urgent quest for the Tigrex, my first ever dragon!!!

im using the Ceantaur armor,
Dragon Katana, Eager Cleaver, Iron Hammer, Dark Scythe

so what are there weaknesses?
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 9:47 am

It likes to charge at you... sometimes as much as 3~4 times in a row(continuous). It's also has a ranged attack that it uses from time to time, pushing 3 large boulders that can hurt you quite bad if it hits.
circle it as you would for any other monster but give it a wider arc.
While it may sound dangerous, it's weakest at it's head so attacking it's headis the way. You can also break it's claws/wings that gives you extra reward.
Try it and tell me what problems you face when working for it's kill.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 2:35 pm

and tigrex is a wyvern and you have fought kushala daora he is a dragon
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 2:38 pm

oh and this video is what helped me to finish him off

its naijiao's tigrex gs charge guide

a really good help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSOi1GizEco
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 3:06 am

LOL it's a good vid, the emphasis of the video, besides using the GS with a timed attack basically requires you to learn to OBSERVE the Tigrex's movements and be able to identify it's patterns and attack.

Note the reason why the focus is timing the charge attack for the head is specifically because it's head is the weakest point of it' body. I'll give you this, as a base line most Katanas/GS only requires a maximum of 6 attacks on it's head to get it to stagger, the hits required are reduced when you have

1. Higher attack power
2. critical boosts percentage, every crit(marked with a flash when your hit connects) can rack up as much as 2 hit's worth of damage.
3. damage modifiers.

I posted this video link before. It highlights the maximum effect you can get from various damage boosts. I'm not posting this as a video to impress, the practical reference to the video is the manipulation of the tigrex's movements to put it in a corner, the correct application of damage boosts and timing to headlock the tigrex, calculated damage required to achieve a stagger. Also, the most important thing you should know to defeat any monster, to always have your sights on it. That is the way to learning it's movements and to anticipate it's nex action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyyma9f488I
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 8:25 am

yeah not to mention the Daora!! he's giving me hard time also!!!
is he weak to thunder or fire?
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 8:36 am

very good video!!

hands down man!
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 8:59 am

Astinos wrote:
yeah not to mention the Daora!! he's giving me hard time also!!!
is he weak to thunder or fire?

im not sure he is weak to dragon and poison though ( poison stops his wind im not sure if its his weakness though )
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:02 am

Astinos wrote:
very good video!!

hands down man!

watch the gs charge guide a few times and have a few practise runs against him and learn his movements and you will be able to kill him for fun
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:09 am

oz if you were trying not to impress with that video then you failed that is the best video i've seen in ages

i never thought that attack with the bow was any good
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 12:48 pm

not even to mention his life meter!
i think a vespoid could easily kill you there!!! =)
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:20 pm

Well Daora is a quite a pain to everyone. he's weak to dragon(as most dragons are) but poisoning him locks his dragon windpress which is probably the 1st thing you want to disable when fighting it.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 1:39 am

oz78 wrote:
Well Daora is a quite a pain to everyone. he's weak to dragon(as most dragons are) but poisoning him locks his dragon windpress which is probably the 1st thing you want to disable when fighting it.

not for me i love fighting him and kirin , i can kill both teo and lunastra but im scared of lunastra when their both the same Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 4:14 am

The lunastra is probably a little more intimidating since it's females.. most females can be a lot more scary then any typical male.. take my mum for example.... LOL
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 2:28 pm

yeah i understand what your saying exactly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex   tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex Empty

Back to top Go down

tip on Yian Garuga and Tigrex
Page 1 of 1