Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the big CRAB - how to defeat???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Astinos

Astinos

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-01-07

the big CRAB - how to defeat??? Empty
PostSubject: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 8:03 am

what weapon and strategy to Slay this monster?????
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 9:24 am

Actually you can kill just about any monster with any weapon. strategies vary of course. for an easy fight, use a hammer.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 9:46 am

if you have an electric weapon then that will make it easier
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 9:53 am

what kind of electric weapon? i want to billed one, i think its related to the Kehzu.

but sadly i sold my hammer.. i like using the swords.
how about GS? what do u recommend?

btw, tnx guys for the tips!
i finally finished Kehzu! nice tip!
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 9:54 am

khezu shock sword its a great electric GS check the shop

well done on killing khezu
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 10:04 am

yeah i want that but i still lack the items to be able to buy it.

if it weren't for your tip, it will take me days to Slay him!

remmember my encounter with the YKK, came to a point to stop playing mh2! =)
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 am

it took me months to kill him lol

i used buster sword GS to finish him off in the end
Back to top Go down
deadlytoaster

deadlytoaster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Dude if you wanna kill hermitaur easy id say use a gunlance it can block all his attacks and in between his attacks you can poke him, not to mention wyverns fire Razz[/img]
Back to top Go down
deadlytoaster

deadlytoaster

Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 pm

P.S. use wyverns fire by holding r and pressing triangle+circle
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 7:07 am

I really haven't used the Gunlance for any of my monsters.
I like the sword/GS, but maybe I could try using the GL too.

hey deadlytoaster, that monster pic you have, I saw this in **Quest, and the intro of the game. is that the most powerful monster and what's the name?
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 9:09 am

That is the tigarex, a new monster in MHF2, he's pretty intimidating for 1st time encounters, once you learnt his moves, habits and start to avoid him at a wider arc he's no longer a threat.
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 9:39 am

good info, can't wait to SLAY him! but i know im too far out his range, it will come...
Back to top Go down
wack118

wack118

Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 11:21 pm

yo man i think that either great sword or katana will do you reall goood mfor crabs sharp katana you can attack rapidly and then when your spirit bar fills up unleash ur spirit attacks on his leggs it will probably knock him over then whale on his face i dotn like ahmmer unless ur trying to break shell on his back but yeah if not use gunlance liek toaster said or GS just rememebr to charge up ur trianlge attack with great sword then unleash on his face try ot stay in his face but a lil to the side of his mouth so you can do damamge and not get hit by his water attack good luck man i personally liek to use my poison katana on him cuz once he is poisend it lasts for a while and does constant damage even when u arent attacking him so if you can slay a rathian do it and make wyvern blade "leaf" or something liek that but lightning will work too i just prefer poison it works good on lots of monsters but beware with a poison weapon you need to have a fast attacking weapon or else it will not do you much good because it isnt fast enaough to actually poison him very often so if poison use sword and shiled or long sword/katana
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 10:10 am

Astino, concerning the tigrex, I've got this nifty vid you can sample. I'm not suggesting you try to do the same but jus to let you know the limits of each weapon is not so low.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyyma9f488I

@Wack118, you might want to know, the hermituar takes just as much damage as a Gypceros per tick from poison, since the gypceros is hardly afraid of poison, I'll say poisoning the hermituar is rather futile.
Also, the hammer is almost twice as efficient as compared to slashing weapons on it's head, unless you do a full GS charge, the damage from any single hit from a hammer would prove more damaging.

I'll not be suggesting Astino to bank on making poison katanas for now since farming a rathian is hardly in the picture.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 9:39 pm

oh yeah that sword wyvern blade 'leaf' i really want to upgrade it but i cant get the rathian plate no matter what i do, i killed her in high rank and low rank **** countless times but she wont give it me
Back to top Go down
Astinos

Astinos

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 7:29 am

im done with the Two GIANT CRABS.
i used the Hammer to knock them out. i think the other one is color blue which i fought in the Volcano and the other one in the jungle. did it by charging the hammer (R button)
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 11:01 am

it's probably easier to take on he blue crab aka the shogun ceanetuar with an electrified SnS. you can make one with assorted Gypceros and khezu drops(I think lol I forgot the xcat formula, look up the weapon map.).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the big CRAB - how to defeat???   the big CRAB - how to defeat??? Empty

Back to top Go down

the big CRAB - how to defeat???
Page 1 of 1