Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us

Go down 
+6
pyropower
jg
)-(aiKARU
MrManga
oz78
mhfan20
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pyropower

pyropower

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2007-06-12

monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 pm

welcome aboard M8.
I might get frontier if it ever coems around to the UK. But I think it is a pay thing maybe.
I hope tri isnt.
Back to top Go down
just

just

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:49 am

Hi pyropower. I hope I'm not being to irritating in any way... I have a tendency to do that. Anyway, anyone here has MH2ndg English patch version? If you don't have it, I'll post it on mediafire. Tell me soon though, I need to send my laptop for repairs soon. Do you think they'll make another Monster Hunter game for the PSP?(Other than Unite) By the way, anyone here live in Singapore?

I'll die peacefully in my sleep like grandfather.Not screaming like the passengers of his cab.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:41 pm

sup. Its fine, seeing as very few people post here anymore Sad
I dont know if there will be any more PSP versions.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:06 pm

I'm not keen on promoting mods and such , you can however start a thread and get those interested to PM you for the link.

Just a little heads up for MH frontier, It's pay to play after you hit HR3. I'm not sure if we'll get such a promotion should MH frontier actually hits the english market, but it's definately going require payment.

I'm playing a little MHP2G, but not able to get on Xlink.
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:28 am

oops sry my bad. anyway i think i'll start a thread, but if u want me to, i can post on some other site Very Happy don't want to bother u guys... so we have to pay once we reach HR3? Gah... that means no akantor or high grade lao shan lung stuff... omg.......
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:01 pm

course you can.
You're not bothering us.
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:27 am

Ok then. Good to know, but where should I post it under? E.g. under Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Frontier... etc.

So about pay for play, anyone have any proof or evidence? A website or interview about paying for playing in MHF would do fine. Again, sorry for being demanding. I just want to see for myself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 3:46 am

If you mean stuff related to MHP2G, you can post it under the MH portable 2 section.

If you want the specific information concerning monster hunter frontier, the main site should have links to it.. I do not know of the final decision for frontier's release out of japan so payment or not.. it's speculation mostly on my side.
I however considered the possibility of pay to play for frontier should it be released out of japan due to the sole fact that they had people pay to play the game in the original release of Monster hunter frontier in japan. Someone had to be paying for the server maintenance, and all those little things that never cross the minds of most gamers. Obviously it does not make sense for the Capcom(or any other company) to release anything without any profit in sight.

I also understand that you can only play a set amount of time per day in Monster hunter frontier, apparently to restrict the amount of users online at anytime.

Last edited by oz78 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:01 am

wow. restrictions. mhf looks cool, but i'll just wait for mh3 then. pity i dn't have a Wii yet Razz thanks for the update oz78.

I'll post the mh2ndg download topic soon. wonder if more people will come here 'cause of that...
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:02 am

I'm lazy here so I'm just posting anew here instead of adding to my old post.

Below is a post in the capcom forums on frontier, there's mention on the fiscals considerations. so to just back my belief of payment required.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2008/01/07/monster_hunter_frontier_where_art_thou

Edited for the sake of literacy.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:52 pm

bit gay with the restrictions.
but I really hope they dont add a charge to hunting on tri
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:01 am

Gah... sorry guys. Apparently it takes about 2 hours to upload MH2ndg...Plus it'll probably take even longer to download...So I don't think I'll be doing it anytime soon...I might do it when I have some free time though.Anyway,does this mean that there's almost no hope for frontier?I don't mind though, I'm just waitng for MH3. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:05 pm

same.
but what in the world has happened to the forum? oz know anything
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:03 am

I just checked out the list of members. I also looked at a bunch of posts and lately, I haven't seen the members called RockmanX and Ranos
or something like that. Anyone knows what happened to them?
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:57 am

rockman's probably playin some other gaes. as with rano.. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Ranos

Ranos

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:19 am

I've just had nothing to say on this topic. I'm also busy with my art work.
Back to top Go down
http://radsfilesranos.comicgenesis.com
just

just

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:25 pm

May I ask what kind of artwork?

Sorry to stray off topic but can anyone give me some tips on how to do the 8* or 9* quest 'Rise To The Summit'. The Akantor really knows how to kill me in 5 minutes...

I'm using full Tigrex X set with either Dragon Lance[Void], Twin Azure Blades,Smolder Dragon Sword or True Dragon Demolisher.

If you're wondering how I got the materials, I just pay for the quest, and watch my friends kill Lao Shan Lung. Razz

Last edited by just on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:22 am

What's your weapon of choice? Which version of MH are you on?

Those are my questions mostly, I'm not really any where being a pro at this But i believe you can find better armour to resist it's fire attack damage.

It might also help to bring some armour seeds as the akantor's "shoveling" attack also drops your defence, making it more dangerous a fight.

Most of the fight depends largely on your experience with the akantor, since most of it's attacks can be evaded all together.

I personally favour hammers when soloing it as an additional option to daze it sits well with me.
Back to top Go down
Ranos

Ranos

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:22 pm

The ark work I'm working on is the 15 ref sheets of the Ranos Series comic (I got my username from the main chaaracter) and the Ranos Series comic itself.

On Freedom 2 it works differntly then the one you have but I stick with full silver rathalos armour and a set of dragon dual swords and attack his ass mainly.
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:49 am

To Oz: I prefer using Twin Azure Blades and I'm in MH2ndG.The only problem I have with Akantor is his charge attack at the start of the battle. I can never dodge it. T_T Any tips on how to dodge it?Also, I have [Spoiler Warning!!!] Divine Ultimus, an upgrade for UH&E, 336 raw damage and 320 Dragon Attribute.

To Ranos: Ok thanks for telling me.But one problem, if I attack his ass, will I have enough time to roll/run away when he body slams or roars? Other than that no problems with your strategy. Have to start farming Silver Rathalos though.
Back to top Go down
Ranos

Ranos

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:23 am

His body slams are not a great problem. When at does it I roll towards his tail, I still get hit but it does 5 times less then if he hit's you with his body. The roars are a little problem, I always run as soon as he starts to get up, but he still gets me some times. As for the start of the quest, use a flash bomb.
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:50 pm

oh. Thanks. By the way, I saw a few guides on Youtube and I managed to kill him using Twin Azure Blades. Very Happy But thanks for your tips. I apologize to everyone for holding up this topic. You can continue with the news now. Very Happy

One last question, should I make Akantor armor or the weapons first? The weapons are powerful, but their sharpness is terrible... So I wanna get a good set of armor with ESP. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 am

I have no real strategy when dealing with the akantor, basically I just atack when there's an opening. I just don't get greedy and go all out attack, however tempting it maybe.

A little observation that I think might help you, here when it screams, there's a ring that extends out from around it marks more or less the ara of effect of it's scream's impact zone.
Also, the eruptions always almost ends with one just to the left of it's jaw so you would want to only stay on it's right(go left while facing it) since it also marks the empty zone of it's tail swipes.

IMO, I made the weapons 1st, namely bow. lol
Back to top Go down
Ranos

Ranos

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:53 am

I would say armour. I think it's the same on HMP2G as it is on HMF2, the armour gives your weapons more shapness and ESP. It's not only have good skills but it is also the strongest armour you can get untill you get fatalis, which is harder to unlock on freedom then it is on MHP2G.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:31 pm

on mhp2g aka armor has distraction skill which makes you charge slower... reckless abandon and sharpness+1... im not sure but maybe earplugs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us   monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

monster hunter frontier is it coming to the us
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next