Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Manykin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Lance   Lance EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 8:16 pm

Hello,

I was wondering why I always hear about Hammers and GS but nothing about Lances. Are they no good? I know each weapon has its advantages for different hunts, but where would the Lance rank? and why?

Also, whats the best for killing the Yain-Ku-Kian (small pinkish wyvern)
im using a sns and need to know where its weak spot is, i hope im not asking a stupid question.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 4:10 am

If the lance was the best weapoin in the first MH, it's now way different, it's the weaker weapon class, no real add (except a new way, gunlance).
Strength: the shield could be good, best defencive weapon
Weaknesses: poor damage, you're slow when using it, limited moves

For the Ian, any weapon is good, this is the weakest wyvern.
Back to top Go down
https://monster-hunter.bbactif.com
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 10:41 am

The real Plus is that if applied correcly, a lance can be an equal in damage to a GS, abeit in smaller hits(3 hits). While your weapon is out and readied, you walk pretty slow and dodging is reduced to a brief sidestep thought that don't really pose a huge problem.

The one thing good about a lance is that where it lacks in speed, it makes up with a superb defence. Faster moving monsters like the snow lion can be a pain to fight with it but most wyverns are pretty easy to beat with it.

The kutku is pretty weak against blades at it's belly if you prefer the sns, which is probably the bst to pick up battling any wyvern with. The Kutku resource for dos is as per link, where the link suggests that hammers and guns work best on it's head regardless of elemental weakness, you probably would find dishing out a shitload of damage by working your blades at it's belly where it has no practice attack against you. If you have just initiated your game, you can use this fowl as a practice target for any weapon you wish to try out.
Back to top Go down
Manykin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 am

Thankyou Kamui and oz78 for your help and quick reply.

I am new to the game (MH1 ps2) and the concept, and i am have difficulty applying by own game style to it. I know how to track with paint, but i find it hard to trap and attract wyvens. My main problems are,

trying to attract the wyven using meat; do i drop meat just as the wyven starts its flight in another area so that i can hope it will come to me and then ill hide?

How do i make a pitfall trap? I know that i should combine it with a net, but is there any other types of traps? like a bomb trap?

One more issue, is there any other quests after you finish the cheifs? (MH1 ps2)

thankyou.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 6:59 am

I'm no pro in the game but I would first paint the prick, then track it to a spot where it had stopped. Without attracting it's attention(no running), I would place the meat then use a smoke an creep away. With luck, I would not have it's attention and it would snack on the rigged ham.

I suppose I can assume you can at least recognize the japanese enough to make out individual items. Here's the Combo List for making a pitfall trap. It's basically a spiderweb, a type of leaf that can be found in the jungles area and a trap tool to make. Be sure to carry at least 4 combo books as the chances for sucess is only around 55~65%

In MH Dos theres 3 kinds of traps. The pitfall trap, the paralysing trap and the thunder trap(which i can never quite figure out the best application).

As I have almost totally missed MH1, I do not know what quests you get to complete in MH1. I sure however there would be many using these forums that knew well enough to give you a satisfactory answer.
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:33 pm

I LOVE THE LANCE =] srry reading through alot of the really old fourms lol

and gun lance is really good hitter but i dont like its blade stabbing with a gun lance does less damage then regular lance

the best way 2 put it is it resemblse a world war 2 rifle like an M1 grand with a banett and like this rifle the banett is only its secondary attack
im dancing around it but all that means is the shelling for the lance is the main attack i just dont like it as much as a primary stab
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:02 am

In 2G, evade +2 and evade distance up in a set with your lanc an gunlances work wonders. I'm still trying to get a hang of it but it's very, very fancy footwork! lol
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:39 am

lol same love them skills for the lance class and bow come to think of it.
just wait till the last second and backstep through an attack lol
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 8:11 pm

U CAN BAck step through an attack ??? with these evade boosts ??
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:57 am

yeap!
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:40 pm

wat armours have evade ??
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:17 am

If you're on G 2, naruga's a good choice since it pack both evade distance up and evade +. There's no evade modifiers in MHF2.
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:54 pm

oo oky looks like ima be making naruga armour =]
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:16 pm

there's many options in MHP2G, like JG have said before he uses survival skill while fighting the fatalis. I hope you get the game... if you didn't mind playng it in a foreign language or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:25 pm

no ive been playing it for quite some time but ive been playing it in japaness and its hard 2 make armour and weapons i dont know of =/

like ive done freedom 2 a billion times so i know how 2 make all the old equipment

but ever since ive been playing 2G ive made a log on wat all the quests are after i figure out wat i gotta do so if i ever want 2 play the quest i no where is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance   Lance Empty

Back to top Go down

Lance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Monster Hunter 2(dos) :: The Blacksmith-
Jump to: