Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recommended and available Offline equipment

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tussa

Tussa

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Recommended and available Offline equipment Empty
PostSubject: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 9:36 am

Hi, I'd like to discuss about the best equipment offline. I am in a very early moment of the game (just one 2* quest complete), I have an Iron Katana Grace (or Gospel? don't remember), and the Battle Armor set at level 2 (one piece at level 3).

Do you think my equipment is good? or shall I change armor?

I plan to do Eager Cleaver, what is the final upgrade I can get offline? I think it's the Ogre Destruction but I dunno if it's very good.

I like katanas so I'd like some advice on them, also I've got my bone katana and dunno what upgrade path to follow (black katana or other path).

Also some advice on armors would be apreciated; I made the battle armor cause its ingredients were easy to get (just one machalite) but I think it may be a bit crap. Also I don't know what skill I am granted hahaha

Hails, thankyou if you read and reply Razz
Back to top Go down
Xenentos
Guild Master
Xenentos

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 12:13 pm

get full kut ku then get full blos.
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 1:49 am

get full sand shark. then upgrade it, and try make part of plesioth and gizami. upgrade the most you can, and then make full Teo Teskatol / Kaizer armour. This one is the most powerfull offline and have the skill no rebound, that give you the power to never rebound when you hit, even if sharpness is red.
For katana, bone katana familly is really powerfull.
Back to top Go down
https://monster-hunter.bbactif.com
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 2:27 am

Thanks!! I think I will stick to Battle armor by now until I get monoblos or diablos that look better, then I'll make that Teskatol / Kaizer armor. Where can I see pics of those armors you tell? Cephadrome armor sucks visually and Ples is annoying to me (hope it's funnier in MH2, cepha are a lot less annoying).

For the katanas, what paths are available offline for the bone katana??? I really like black katana but it's hard to find the ingredients and I think other paths may be more useful. Are there dragon element katanas in that path?

Thankyou again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 3:18 am

yep, go straight, and when it will request lao shan item, that's it!

For armour you won't have choice to get an other one than Battle, cause battle sucks, you'll have to make at least zazami, konga. Even if cephadrome armour have bad looking, it's easy to make and upgrade, so that's the best choice if you want to go forward... cause monoblos is one of the last armour you'll be able to do, cause you can beat only once NANA and TEO are killed! and you'll have hard work to do it if you don't get a real good armour and weapon!!!
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 3:30 am

kaizer
Recommended and available Offline equipment 189

gizami
Recommended and available Offline equipment 180

monoblos S
Recommended and available Offline equipment 143

and this are every armour in game
http://www.geocities.jp/data774/male.html
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 5:46 am

Actually, my char is female Razz

Well I guess I'll have to make either zazami, ples or konga armors. Cepha just sucks XD

In your opinion, what's better: black katana or bone katana path?

Does bone katana have just one path or has it more choices after black katana/bone shark?

Ah and when can I make S or U armors and what do I need? I'd like to have Hunter S for example.

Regards!

Ah, what is Burango ??? It has a good def armor too, and Basarios, hope its not dificult to do and it is good looking, I like to kill them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 6:15 am

Bullfango is the boar.
the link for female is the same, except that you put female on the address bar.

Black katana is an alternate path of bone katana. And it sucks, cause it poor in sharpness and power with no skills... moreover, black katana is a deadend path.
With bone katana you have choice to do in order :
- black katana
- poison katana
- fire dragon katana wich lead to fire katana
- and cool shape black katana Divine Slasher in the straight path.

Beware cause the ples armour is not on the same categorie than zazami and konga. matching class armour :
- kut ku, gipseros, cephalos, zazami, konga, basarios
- plesioth, gizami, ,dodobrango, full full, rathian
- gravios, diablos, monoblos, reosoul (rathalos)
- oonazushi, teo, nana, kushal, lao shan

so you have to do at list one armour (not full obligatory) in each category to walk through fastly and easely

For making U or S upgrade just have to get the lead item to have it viewable in the blacksmith, and then having all needed item as usual.
If you want one particularly, go to mmpotato, or ask me directly
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 9:19 am

very nice info ^_^ thankyou very much!

Does Basarios appear very late? I have fought just kutku cepha and zazami in that set of monsters. I knew about that page, but I dont know what armor is each photo (except for those that I know from MH 1, of course).

Is hornetaur armor worth doing? does it really have a bonus to life replenish as Khezu armor had in MH 1 ???

Khezu is Full full?? (or furu furu) right?

What armor is this?? http://www.geocities.jp/data774/image/female/021.jpg
I like it! If it's not basarios, could you show me the basa armor, please? or just tell me the number of the photo.

Anyway, the most awesome armor ever still is Dragon Armor and I'm afraid that as it's made of Fatalis parts, I'll never get it Sad

Now about katanas, is Divine Slasher the one with dragon element? Is the poison katana worth doing? and the Eager Cleaver? I think fire isn't very useful as you advance, no?

By worth I mean decent green (or better) sharpness, and physical and/or elemental power stats.

Sorry if I'm annoying Kamui, you are of great help to the Huntress Tussa!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 2:35 am

yes khezu is full full.

yes this one is basarios
Recommended and available Offline equipment 021

if you want to know what armor it is, just put the link with [ img ] and [/img ], and I will tell you

basarios just appear after where you are.

hornetaur is quite a bullshit... hard and long to for not thuis good stats...

Divine slasher is this one
Recommended and available Offline equipment 011

http://www.geocities.jp/data774/004.html
it's full collection of katana (just change number to change weapon type)

Divine slasher as no element. Yes poison katana could worth, but for me fire dragon katana are best...
Recommended and available Offline equipment 027

here are the different dragon armour (normal, S, fatalis, white fatalis)
Recommended and available Offline equipment 045Recommended and available Offline equipment 152
Recommended and available Offline equipment 099Recommended and available Offline equipment 200

The two only element that are really usefull for weapon are dragon and poison. but eagle cleaver is really good.... except that you need lot of ore

you're really a girl or is it just your character who is?
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 3:49 am

It's just my char. I grew tired of fat-looking male armors, so one day I created a girl to see how girl armor looked. After that, I kept on playing and now I am too advanced to start the game again, lol.

I've never met a girl who played MH, or so I remember from my MH 1 online days.

Divine slasher is better than the last offline evolution of black katana?
Anyway I think I'll make either the poison or the dragon one. Could you post photos and the stats of both, please?

Thankyouuu
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 5:47 am

http://mmpotato.hp.infoseek.co.jp/codes/MH2/
this is the most useful website on mh2

fire dragon
Recommended and available Offline equipment 027

http://mmpotato.hp.infoseek.co.jp/codes/MH2/bugu/tachi.html#0051

Poison
Recommended and available Offline equipment 023

http://mmpotato.hp.infoseek.co.jp/codes/MH2/bugu/tachi.html#0383

Divine slasher
Recommended and available Offline equipment 011

http://mmpotato.hp.infoseek.co.jp/codes/MH2/bugu/tachi.html#0005

MK2 black katana
Recommended and available Offline equipment 025

http://mmpotato.hp.infoseek.co.jp/codes/MH2/bugu/tachi.html#0017

edit : when you're creating/upgrading something in the blacksmith, you can see a picture of what you'll do by pressing select

Now most of male armour give you a slim shape for your male character...
I just restarted mh2 on my ps3 and I 'm at the end, at 48h. The first time it took me about 150h (but I did every quests!)
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 6:20 am

I knew about pressing select... maybe when I get the game more advanced and I know how to advance faster I restart it... by now not.

Hmmm those katanas, I want them all!! haha XD
About the mmpotato link, why has it 2 sharpness gauges on each sword? And how does the critical affect, is it double damage that hit? The critical chance I suppose is the % showed in the stats...

Hmmm I think It's better to forget about the black katana, could you tell me the items needed to make the Dragon one and the Poison one?

Maybe they can be made from scratch?? because if I must wait to kill Lao to get the fire dragon sword, I'll have to kill him with the Eager Cleaver, supposing that I have it, too! Razz

Well I think that we have made a complete comparison-guide about katanas in MH2 XD
This should be posted as it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 6:52 am

the first gauge is the normal sharpness, the second one is the gauge for skill craftmanship. but this skill is only with trial armour and velocipreyS (2weak armour).
Yes the fire dragon sword is made up of Lao part, the poison one with Rathian part. if you click on item needed on mmpotato it will tell you where to find it (with rate). THe best is to go through the game with your katana and upgarde it as soon as possible. and maybe doing 2 different, first poison, then doing a second one (you'll have enougth money and item) to do fire dragon.

Me I go through the the game with only one weapon for the second time I complete: the bone sword, and upgraded it till titania
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 6:57 am

Titania is a great sword?

I cant look mmpotato until monday 9 cause I havent internet connection at home now, Im at work all these days XD (easter holidays hehehe)

Well I'll focus on poison and eager cleaver by now... see you!
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyTue Apr 10, 2007 9:34 am

Hi Kamui Wink
can you tell me what are the materials needed for the poison katana???
I have reached its branch on the bone katana but I hoped I would need some poison sacs. Well, not a poison sac is needed (at least for the first poison katana level). I need some machalites (so long time will pass until I get it...), and some green monster parts. What monster is this??? Don't think will be the yellow/green drome thing so I dunno what monster it is. Maybe Rathian???? Hope not.

Also, I did today a 4star quest where I repelled a wind wyvern. Who was it?? Can I make any sword from him?? I found it pretty easy to repel, despite my crappy armor (68 of total defense - battle armor). I hope it's the same as easy to kill (when I find him).

Another question, can I get electro sacs from other monster that is not Khezu?? I haven't seen him yet. (I suppose those are needed for the eager cleaver).

See ya!
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 1:48 am

1st level-15 machalite, 1 very thing from tail of rathian, 4 very easy thing from rathian.
2nd level-5 draglight ore (mining in tower area, where are NANA and Kirin), 6 very easy thing from rathian, 1 rare thing from rathian's tail

The 4star dragon (this a dragon not wyvern) is Kushal, yes repeling it is quite easy. you'll have to repel him in desert and kill it in mountain. There no weapon to do with, with armour and upgrading GS(dragon slayer) and Katana (for divine slasher). But then is quite harder to kill. He is one of the Elder dragon, fight then is quite special: after 25min they flee (but only if you smash him enough), so if you're weak you can kill it within 2 or plus quest.

For the electric sac, you should have get it with dosgenprey. Yes it is needed for eagle cleaver, but for deathprize too (very useful SnS with paralyze attribute). You'll see FullFull/Khezu when you'll be in mountain after repeling khezu in desert
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 2:19 am

dosgenprey gives electric sac?? I thought it would be stun sacs as I got some sacs but not those asked for the cleaver.

Then I guess I'm a bit blocked with the equipment until I get some sacs or the Rathian quest, and also with armor. I hope to get khezu soon so I can make the cleaver and the armor.

And what about the other branch that is not poison katana? I know I will need lao parts for the fire dragon katana but before that what else will I need/when can I upgrade to that?

I hope I can make some of these from scratch so not need to do again bone katana and evolve it.
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyWed Apr 11, 2007 10:04 am

there's nothing to do before figthing Lao, except getting crimson ore (volcano 5%). but it will be fast, or you could make divine slasher with kushal (but fang are rerally hard to get)
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 2:05 am

What about a fire element katana??? Khezu is really slow to kill with my actual weapons (either bone or iron katana - most powerful iron katana 500+ atk power, no element). It's easy not to get hurt until I get tired of him and I get distracted or if he is in fury mode. But tonight I lasted 45 minutes to kill the fucking bitch. I didn't remember him so long living back in MH1!!

I think I'll do rathian to see if I get the poison katana, maybe with poison I can kill him faster, no? The thing is that with that sword I dunno if rathian will be very hard... and in jungle the little crabs fuck me up a lot.

When is Plesioth coming?? I need a scale for red bubble.
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 am

plesioth is already coming here for long, you should have killed him to be able to go to mountain!
just take a look it's the only 3star quest you should have in desert.
the best way to go through is creating titania to kill dragon viewing the fact that you only week katana. even if you create titania you'll be able to create katanas then.
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 8:01 am

What's Titania?? I would like to wield bows too, and I'm very used to GS's too, but I prefer katanas because they're much faster. Specially with the fucking Khezu where you must hit him a lot of times and go away so lightning doesn't hit you. Also I don't want to spend a lot of materials on some weapons that I don't plan to use that much, by the moment. Maybe also some duals could come in handy, but I like katanas, katanas and more katanas! XD

I haven't seen Plesioth, I think I could go to mountain already after repelling Kushal in the jungle (or in desert, maybe). But I think the Plesi quest may have been there at any time, but I picked up others and now I think it's not there... maybe next season.

So, could you show me a Titania photo and tell me its evolution paths?? (also how do I reach Titania)...

Thanks Kamui Smile
Back to top Go down
Kamui
Town Chief
Kamui

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 2:25 am

titania: Recommended and available Offline equipment 012

it's the bone GS path, made up of rathian, then pink rathian part. There's really a gap between last bone katana, and divine slasher/fire dragon. so you'll have to kill Kushal many many times (because of fang that are rare) if you don't want to create an other weapon, or eagle cleaver (but you'll have to kill full full)
Back to top Go down
Tussa

Tussa

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyWed May 09, 2007 2:07 am

Well, last night I got my Eager Cleaver at last!! But I tried on fighting plesi and he fucking kicks my bastard ass!!!!! Arghhh that water spitting attack depletes almost all my health!!! Now I need to get to volcano or some other place to get some dragonite (and a lot of machas, again) GRRR

I wanted to ask you, Kamui Wink what is the part I need to upgrade the Battle Armor to the last upgrade before the S one??? I mean a blue monster skin that I got some early but I don't remember or even know where I got.

Also, is there any good armor against Plesi? He also kicks my ass when he hits with its cepha-like chest attack... Battle armor has decent resistances (though I dont know wich one is water), and the S upgrade has 23 defense... so it is not that bad at S, is it???

PD: Pink rathian also seems to like to piss on me Mad any advice??

Edit: Oh I forgot to ask about some cool duals, too!! Wink What do you all use?? Remember this topic is offline only.
Back to top Go down
kyuubi

kyuubi

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment EmptyWed May 09, 2007 7:59 am

for the pink rathian try taking some flash bombs with you and a pitfull trap ( combine net and trap tool )

you can have net by combinning spider web and ivy.

for the dual swords there are gazami dual swords and plesi dual swords and both of them are in the bone path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended and available Offline equipment   Recommended and available Offline equipment Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommended and available Offline equipment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next