Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diably (Diablos)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A. Kirisame

A. Kirisame

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-08-04

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Well, as I said in another post I ended up asking something myself ^^". Originaly I was going to ask about how to beat Kushala Daora (since I was stuck there from awhile), but I kicked his arse with my now brand new Titania :3.

Anyway, back to the topic: I'm having a real hard time dealing with Diablos. I tried several times, but I could only capture him just a few, and the rest, well... I kinda lost from time limit. I wanted to know if you could give me some advice on wich weapon use against it (I mainly use S&S and GS), or tell me if I'm doing something wrong. And I'll leave a list of equipment thzt I already have, just in case (the ones I use the most will be marked with a * Also I won't put the weapons I still don't use, or the armor, or it will be too long ^^"):

S&S:
- Deathpize (Raw attack: 210 Stun element: 260)*
- Frightbane (Raw attack: 210 Thunder element: 220)
- Deadly Battleaxe (Raw attack: 224 Poison element: 390)

GS:
- Great Serpentblade (Raw attack: 480)
- Great Pincer (Raw attack: 672 Defense+12) [barely green sharpness btw]
- Titania (Raw attack: 768 Dragon element: 160 Defense+8 )*

LS (Still don't using them, but rather improving it):
- Katana Sharkk (Raw damage: 480)

Armor:
Head:
- Mushroom Hat (level 3 )*
- Genprey Earring (level 1) [mostly only when farming Khezu]
Chest:
- Rathian Mail (level 3)*
Arms:
- Ioprey Braces (level 3)*
- Diablos Braces (level 1) [recently made]
Waist:
- Hi-Metal Tasset (level 4)*
Legs:
- Cephalos Greaves (level 4)*
- Diablos Greaves (level 1) [also recently made]

Total Defense: 131
Skills: HP+10 and Quick Hone

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the horribly long message ^^".
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:20 am

You'll excuse me for being a little too detached from MH dos, But in my memory Diablos almost always took close to 30 minutes.

Part of the reason Diablos was so difficult is due to it's frightening speed and strength in attack that made it so difficult.

In monster hunter, the 1st things that aided me to being more successful in solo hunting is learning the weakness of each monster.
Below is the link to the Diablos taken from the MH wiki's MHfreedom unite page
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Diablos

It is noted that the Diablos has relative weakness to most elements, weakest to Ice as seen in the charts. While the charts bear data meant for a later portable release, it is said to be reliable even when used for DOS.

The hit zones as recommended, you will want to hit the Diablos more around it's belly, then either neck wings or under the tail.

Here I would recommend that you use your GS "Titania", from my memory, it is one of the best GS you can make prior to online play. Whether you have access to online play materials aside, know that it's raw is at a good range.

Perhaps I should ask if you knew of GS charging here, since my suggestion of using the GS also came from my confidence that the GS's charge attacks be powerful enough to significantly shorten your quest time and make the kill.

Forgive me that I hardly remember how to charge attack from draw, It should be Tapping your right analogue forward while moving and holding the block button, R1. Excuse me if I am wrong. Tapping and holding your analogue, you will see a few color changes on your blade. release on white(or so I remember it). You can drag your blade with a side sweep then charge again, though this I advise you only execute if you had the Diablos trapped, tripped or immobile.

Before I continue, I will want to know how many moves of the Diablos did you observe and can evade. So that I can pinpoint what adjustments you may need to make the fight faster and easier.
As with the Khushala, I have already replied years back on another thread. from my memory the offered strategies still stand. Do add any questions you might have and I'll see if I can better explain to you.

you would notice I had not mentioned anything on the choice for armor, in my opinion for armors, the baseline for something worth using is that of relative defense and possibly skills that can support your fight.
If it is possible making the set or enough pieces of the ガノスメイル armor, parts mostly using Cephadrome or Plesioth parts would be ideal, it has evade and earplug skills that would be beneficial. This I can only suggest, I do not know how hard or easy it may be for you to make the armor, let alone an entire set.
I'll leave the link of the chest piece here
http://www.monster-hunter2.com/armor_head/batoru.html#cs (earplugs)
http://www.monster-hunter2.com/armor_head/ganosu.html#c (evade)
http://www.monster-hunter2.com/armor_body/ganosu.html#c
http://www.monster-hunter2.com/armor_arm/ganosu.html#c
http://www.monster-hunter2.com/armor_waist/batoru.html#cs (just earplugs)
http://www.monster-hunter2.com/armor_waist/robusuta.html#c (K・ロブスタコート)(torso up)
http://www.monster-hunter2.com/armor_foot/ganosu.html#c

In gemming, I faintly remember The Download unlocked "Yian Garuga" holding a vital item to earplug decoration, besides that, the other possibility being Rathian, but seeing the site has very little support for it's decoration section, I am not entirely sure. Should any of the few pieces be available and decoration craft able, make enough of either evade(回避性能+x) or earplugs(聴覚保護) and you should be set.
Note however you will not need to aim for earplug on the Diablos fight, not that you have no use for it. Rather, you will need Highgrade earplugs, which I doubt is available for offline play. You may however find earplugs useful for the majority of monster that screams so this may be of use for other monsters.

Edit, I cannot seem to find my old recommendation
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:24 am

Unlike later releases, monster hunter dos didn't have complex monster AI. Given the same conditions(distance, positioning) monsters are very likely to attempt the same attack.
Fortunately Diablos for DOS didn't have the few tricky moves it attained in later releases, as such it's very likely just Spamming burrow and charge move all throughout the fight(aside from it's tail spin attack which it favors mostly when you're close or by it's sides.

I believe you already knew how it's affected by flash bombs/sonic bombs so i'll leave that out, my best recommendation is to "parallel" run the Diablos when it charges. You will want to find the angle (back then I think I said about 35%) to either side of the monster, Run away from the Diablos as it charges and Turn out a little to avoid getting trampled, with it's speed, it's likely to charge right past you, simply try to match it's pace as much as you can and go for a quick hit before it turns.
Back to top Go down
A. Kirisame

A. Kirisame

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 am

Well, finally manage to beat him -w-. 40 minutes and 1 death, but worth it.
Well, regarding the moves, I actually did learned them (but the most annoying were the tail swing and tail spin). Before I didn't use too much sonic bombs (barely 2 or 3) and didn't use flash bombs, mostly because I couldn't make them back then (after getting like 20 flashbugs in a quest I create them and use a few to cut Kushala's ass :3). And with the carge attack I actually knew about it, but since I wasn't used to fight him I didn't knew when use it (with Khezu I use it all the time, especially when he's entering in an area and I just wait under his shadow). So, now instead of breaking his horns and tail directly first I took care of the tail, make hin stuck to the rocks and ledges the most I could and when he is low on health finally attack the head.
Later I plan on getting Black Diablos and Gravios, but I was thinking in getting armor parts for the Artisan skill (so it won't bounce that often), and now I only got the velociprey-U Helm and Mail.

Thanks for the help, great Oz ^^.

Edit: the Artisan didn't do a damn crap XD. It barely increase the elemental attack, and the attacks on the P. Ian tail doesn't bounce that much, but still isn't really worth the... well, like 40 defense down, between the little defense of the equipment + the ability reduction with the U-prey equipment. Maybe I'll try to make equipment with the earplug (like you recommended) and the wind press resistance (or maybe the Cooking skill, that would be useful ^^).
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:14 am

It sounded like you did not exploit walls, if you're by walls or in area 9 with the pillar, either block the charge attack or lure it to the wall for it to get stuck on it.
Another method I think might be worth a shot is using bombs, you can use bombs when it's stuck under ground from a sonic of trap, then run around it and attack the wings.
Back to top Go down
just

just

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:05 am

Hello Kirisame. (Can I call you Kiri?)

My knowledge in MH is limited to MHF2, MHFU and MHP3rd.

But in those three, I'm proud to say I have a database of knowledge.

And now, back to lurking.
Back to top Go down
A. Kirisame

A. Kirisame

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:45 am

Really, thanks for your help ^^. Now I actually don't have that much problem of killing him (still a pain, but Red Kezhu is also a pain when I'm distracted/impacient). To progress in game I think I need to beat either Shogun Ceanataur or Gravios (yeah, now I'm having a little problem on those, but nothing that a Deathprize can't solve).

Thanks for the welcome, just ^^. You can call me Kiri, Adry, Rathcrap, whatever you want XD. And well, things like armor and advices for monsters I heard they are very similar in MHdos than in MHF2, so maybe you can help me sometime too ^^.
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:55 am

I'm sure just can help you, probably more then myself since my focus now is on MH Tri and 3rd.
Back to top Go down
just

just

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:04 am

Nice to see new members. (I feel old now. xD)

Hope you'll stick around for time to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Diably (Diablos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diably (Diablos)   Diably (Diablos) Empty

Back to top Go down

Diably (Diablos)
Page 1 of 1