Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need some help please....

Go down 
+3
oz78
just
BafflinBook
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BafflinBook

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-08-02

I need some help please.... Empty
PostSubject: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:47 am

What is the special cooking set (grey colour)that i could buy from the cat is for??And those male and female cooking set.

Do i do less damage if my weapon bounce??Do i still do less damage if i hit the part with attack that can't be bounce??(bow,hammer,spirit combo)

Thank you
Back to top Go down
just

just

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:30 am

Uhm.... Too many questions......

But If your weapon bounces, it does do less damage,even if you use the spirit combo. As for hammers and bows, I don't know.

But I have no idea what cat cooking set thingy you're talking about. D:
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:10 am

BafflinBook wrote:
What is the special cooking set (grey colour)that i could buy from the cat is for??And those male and female cooking set.

Do i do less damage if my weapon bounce??Do i still do less damage if i hit the part with attack that can't be bounce??(bow,hammer,spirit combo)

Thank you
The cooking sets you can refer to as "fun" items meant to make the cooking process more interesting, they also allow you to make the better steaks abeit a little more tricky.

as just has said before, bouncing reduces your damage. In many cases it may be unavoidable that your weapon would bounce due to either the lack of sharpness or plainly hitting a spot on the monster which proves to be resiliant to your type of weapon.

here's the list for the skills from a japanese MH dos source.

as here really isn't any skill to negate the bouncing effect, you want to get 匠(artisan) for 斬れ味レベル+1(sharpness + 1) to make your weapon less likely bounce off monsters.

Weapons like dual swords, hammers, hunting horns and long swords have moves or conditions under which your weapon wouldn't bounce, but resulting in a clear spark, indicating that while you have not faltered in your attack, the result of it still reaped less effect then it normally would.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:58 am

when i saw this question i was like Shocked not a clue. but oz will know
nd again i be right Razz
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 2:57 am

All hail the great Oz! xDD
Back to top Go down
BafflinBook

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Your answer are very helpful oz78 Smile

There are 2 different cooking sest you can buy from the cat merchant.One is red and the othr one i a talking about is in grey.How do i use the grey one??
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 5:36 am

I do not exactly remember hem by colours I'm afraid, but if I remember correctly, there's a cooking spite for fish. might that be what you're refering to.
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:42 am

Cooking spike? Don't have that in MH2ndG. Damn. I'm missing out on stuff. xDD

And, them*,not hem. xDD
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:54 am

they actually still have the BBQ spit in MHp2g, I just realised the "e" behind spit, inspitE of all my effort to make the posts error free!
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 am

lol
errors just keep us on our toes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 pm

I thought it was spike. xDD

Well, I suppose this thread is closed then.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:34 am

could be. or maybe Bafflin might want a bit more info.
Back to top Go down
just

just

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:48 am

Suppose so. We'll wait a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
BafflinBook

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 am

Hey Dob't close it down yet:)

Will i ever complete every of the blue bubble quest??Or is it required .
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:23 am

As I remember, you will be able to complete every blue bubble quest. Know that most if not all is directly associated with your town upgrade or game progression, though unlike the portable versions, you will not see anything like hunter ranking in the offline portion of DOS.

Also, if you had the MH portable of psp, you can use the connect option in both the dos ad portable monster hunter game and unlock several perks.
Among the the few things unlocked is the afro barber cat, the early arrival of the traveling merchent granny and the option to fight the Yian garuga.
As I remember, other then Yian garuga, the former 2 mentioned perks would eventually appear with progression. Yian garuga however wll only appear after you initiated he connect option, he training NPC will have the blue bubble urgent indefinately after initiation, though I cannot remember exactly the frequency of the hunting urgent being available through the seasons.

Another side note is that the fruit vendor will only start to sell rarer items, as well as honey during the breeding season ONLY after you have upgraded your pier, you will see the season start and the ship coming in, indicating the start of the breeding season, or so I remember it to be.
Back to top Go down
BafflinBook

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:03 am

Blos are tough Neutral what is the best waysfor killing it??

What are male and female cooking kit for??

What is the purple boom sold by the cat merchant for??
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:00 pm

If you're refering to the diablos(I am mostly curious how you got the shortform for the name when it is not even english), pack your best damage weapon, bring your paintball, sonic bombs and whatever knickknacks you wish to have.

Find your blos, in this case you can easily find it in the area with a fishing pot and teh very prominent pillar in the center(refer area 7click for link)

have your blos painted as soon as you find it, then proceed to dodge it till you find yourself behind the pillar from the blos, now just go to the edge of the pillar to bait the blos to charge, then slip back behind till it gets itself stuck on the pillar, now run out and try to take out the blo's legs, stop and hid as soon as it frees itself, rinse and repeat till it leaves.

chase it down and now circle it as much as you can, you can choose to try for the offense, but I would suggest you take it slow till it decides to burrow. Seize the moment and use your sonic bomb when it's tail is almost into the ground, that should stun it and bring it to the surface, abuse the blos as much as you can till it takes off. rinse and repeat till it's mouth is smoky, when his mouth has smoke coming out just evade it till it's not in that state anymore.

That state we call enraged, makes it immune to sonic bmbs while it's undergroud, simple wait it out till it either leaves or is no longer enraged, then proceed to use the sonic bombs again when it's underground.

I alreay told you the male and female cooking kits are considered novelty items, with the same function has the gourmet(cat) cooking kit.

And I do not understand what you mean by "boom" sold by the cat merchant, I can only guess it's one of the food materials which you will need to have to get your cats back home to cook for you.
Back to top Go down
BafflinBook

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Oh no i should have checked my typing:) it's actually purple book.

can i get some advice in breaking "shogun" pincers.Becuase my Longsword simply bounce off everytime i hit it.

How many times does piecing shot could hit a part of a wyvern such as Plesioth head and Gravious belliy.Are they depend on size??

Thank you
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 am

Breaking pincers can be done with LS but it needs to be very sharp.
If you want to break them easily I would advise hammers, GS and bombs.
Anything the hits big is most likely to break them
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:03 am

BafflinBook wrote:
Oh no i should have checked my typing:) it's actually purple book.

can i get some advice in breaking "shogun" pincers.Becuase my Longsword simply bounce off everytime i hit it.

How many times does piecing shot could hit a part of a wyvern such as Plesioth head and Gravious belliy.Are they depend on size??

Thank you
the books are either monser profiles or storage expansion. I cannot remember for exact, so if you can say give me more info on it, I'll very likely have a better answer for you.

if you're comfortable with hammers or hunting horns, they might just be your best bet on breaking the shogun's pincers. Though I can tell you frankly, a side guns and bows every other weapon can break it's claws with ease. You can try to either use traps or exploit the terrain, the volcano stage is one such place, just let the shogun destory the volatile rocks for you.

The number of hits is some what set, with the bows having obvious improvement to the shot damage when the charge lvl higher. If your concern is the size of the monster, I would think it's safe in your case as both the plesioth and gravios sport larger then normal size range in comparision to most other wyvern types, thus IMO allows your pierce shots to maximise their effect.
Back to top Go down
BafflinBook

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:43 am

The purple book could be brought from the Felyne merchant.Thats all i know.

I thought cut weapon is needed for cutting Shogun pincer??I mean the crab with Gravious skull.

I'm planning on Gravious hunting with a Bow.Should go for rapid shot or piece shot for easier hunting??
Back to top Go down
MHFanatic11

MHFanatic11

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:52 am

Pierce shot
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:33 am

Shogun's pincers can be broken by any form of damage inflicted directly on the pincer.

Both kinds of charge types have their use on the gravio. rapids have more focused hit zone which when used well can kill quickly. In the case of the gravios, simply aim for the torso to break it, after which a fast kill is ensured.

pierce shots have the penetration effect which has good effect on monsters of consierable size as the shot can inflict damage at several points during it's trajectory. While not focused, it allows more relaxed aiming since the shot not only travels further ,it is also less likely to ricochet of tough skinned monsters, resulting in you taking the nasty backfired shot.

I would choose my bows based off
1. Type of monsters, with which piercing shots are favoured for exploitable monster sizes.

2. the element affinity based off of he monster to kill.

3. the maximum charge lvls per shot, sme bows have a good mix of pierce and rapid at acceptable lvls , making the choice weapons versatile.
Back to top Go down
BafflinBook

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:03 pm

I have killed Monoblos and talked to the Kokoto chief.But when can i challenge Teo and Chameleos??Must i clear all quest first??

What amour gives the abilites to carve twice??I only have three pieces of amours that give up to 9 to carving.

I have a tasset and shoes that doubles my torso skill points.Are more amour like that in offline portion of the game??
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:00 am

BafflinBook wrote:
I have killed Monoblos and talked to the Kokoto chief.But when can i challenge Teo and Chameleos??Must i clear all quest first??

I'm afraid It's not going to be possible to assess your progression just by what you have told me, though I am guessing you'll have teh option to fight the elder dragons soon as going to kokoto village marks a major portion of your progression.

BafflinBook wrote:

What amour gives the abilites to carve twice??I only have three pieces of amours that give up to 9 to carving.

剥ぎ取り, as you would know is the skill you're trying to get, note that 15 points would get you the 剥ぎ取り名人(carving celebrity) skill
This link brings you to the armours with the skill, but unless you click each armour, it is not easy t seewhich armours are available offline.

BafflinBook wrote:

I have a tasset and shoes that doubles my torso skill points.Are more amour like that in offline portion of the game??
There should be a few pieces with the torso multipler, while I know of the armour property I cannot say I remember or know of the specific pieces that has the said attribute. You have look up from MMpotatoes's armour list and attempt to find hem. lol I find scouring through the list tiring! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some help please....   I need some help please.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I need some help please....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Monster Hunter 2(dos) :: Quest and Other Helping-
Jump to: