Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I am new what should i use

Go down 
+3
jg
pyropower
mikeybanting
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeybanting

mikeybanting

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-23

I am new what should i use Empty
PostSubject: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:06 am

i have just got monster hunter freedom 2 on psp and i would like some advice on the best weapons to start off with.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:08 am

Sword and shield is pretty good. But low on damage.
A good one is probably the great sword. Strong, can block. Best advice GET GOOD SHARPNESS
Back to top Go down
mikeybanting

mikeybanting

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:10 am

kl thanks biggy boy (i know him so this is not that weird)
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:28 am

i would try to upgrade the iron katana and the first GS
Back to top Go down
mikeybanting

mikeybanting

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 2:01 pm

also is there any way can make the great sword faster a it is so slow. and which is better the katana or the great sword
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 9:33 am

I personally hate the great sword. Always have, far too slow. I am definately a katana guy or bow, bowgun, sword + shield. etc
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 2:50 pm

the great sword wont go no faster but it is good when used right

long sword is great but you cant block

i would get used to using both weapons GS & LS
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 7:44 am

yeah if you roll at a certain point with the great sword it comes straight out of the ground real fast.
With the katanas just learn to dodge. And don't be scared to put it away and dive for the floor against anything big
Back to top Go down
MrManga

MrManga

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 2:46 am

Im a longsword master, and if you start to use one when you start, you will always use one, even if you change to a diffrent type you will always go back to a longsword.
Back to top Go down
davd

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

i just startet playing the usa version (my psp is hack to cfw zo i dont have to pay for games :p ) but i use the zword+schild u cen blok en when the monster is close u ce hit im wanna buy long sword but need bugs end cen get them form the farm :s have the mony en other stuf :s need help

ps are there lvl end stuf end how dou you see your lvl end cen you specilize in sumting olso good withe bow kilt furst bos with sword+schild second withe my bow end what is the + on decoration? are there more vilages cen you upgrade your mine in your farm or must you go in the mouthens eacht thime to get more ore's? whats the down end up site of iprove wepons en armor end my last quastion if i go online in the great hall wy is no1 online is this great game not so popilar?

mhf2 name: davd
Back to top Go down
MrManga

MrManga

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 2:53 pm

why do i find it so hard to ready your writing... oh well... i think you should just get your nets and gather them when you go on quests.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 3:37 pm

hey davd your from my site aswell im glad people are paying attention to my sig and tags everywere
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm

The game is great and popular among the more serious gaming community, The reaso for lack of publicity is due to the pathetic reviews and lousy rating. I did not evn hear of monster hunter until I saw part 2 in a game store. imagine my confusion for missing such a good title.
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 7:04 am

Ive unlocked the gaint sword in the ice cave a little while back and i can get edl dragon bones but what can i pick from the sword ?
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:15 pm

do you mean the cave in pokke farm. What is the point in that little cave?
Back to top Go down
MrManga

MrManga

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:54 pm

You see when you destroy your first tigrex, you get a tigrex screamer. Its sound is enough to destroy the ice in the cave, you get the elderdragon sword then... when you collect two elderdragon bones, you can mine at the swords base. You get items called "darkstone and darkpeice" someone might want to quote me on that because im not sure if you can get anymore?

Afterwards you can make things from them, such as dark weapons and dark armour ( witch is a black version of the rathalos armour)
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 pm

MrManga wrote:
You see when you destroy your first tigrex, you get a tigrex screamer. Its sound is enough to destroy the ice in the cave, you get the elderdragon sword then... when you collect two elderdragon bones, you can mine at the swords base. You get items called "darkstone and darkpeice" someone might want to quote me on that because im not sure if you can get anymore?

Afterwards you can make things from them, such as dark weapons and dark armour ( witch is a black version of the rathalos armour)
Actually, you can carve of the giant sword everytime you return from a quest. The dark armour sets are a replica of the FATALIS armour, but they're really inferior to that of the regular fatalis armour, def or elemental.
Back to top Go down
)-(aiKARU

)-(aiKARU

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 6:22 pm

so carving the sword isnt as it sounds ? do the armours look kool ?
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 10:18 pm

black version of the white fatalis armour, not quite to my liking
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 4:22 am

when you have the complete set it looks better but the only reason i made it is because of all the slots
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 7:35 am

I dunno, the armour is not very useful as a set. parts of it is fine though.
Back to top Go down
jg
Town Chief
jg

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 3:12 pm

i plan on giving that set the evade skill but lg lobstershells are hard to come by
Back to top Go down
MrManga

MrManga

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 am

i got some lg lobster shells from tresha, and you cant carve from the sword! i just tryed and it dont work...
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 9:55 am

You need to bring 2 elder dragon bones to the cat everytime you return from a quest in order to carve off the giant sword in the ice cavern.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 3:58 am

so kill rex. break ice, bring eldar bones to mine. But eldar bones are hard to get are't they?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am new what should i use   I am new what should i use Empty

Back to top Go down

I am new what should i use
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 :: The Blacksmith-
Jump to: