Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little Tips?

Go down 
+2
oz78
MH_JADE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MH_JADE

MH_JADE

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Little Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Little Tips?   Little Tips? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 10:09 pm

Might be old news to some of you, but bear with me. The greatsword is slow and powerful, yes? I use it quite a lot, and when fighting things like Vdrome, Gdrome, and Idrome, there's nothing more annoying than lining up a swing and having the damn thing jump away from you.

On top of that, when you injure the thing, it tries to run to an area more populated by its kind, and example being in Forest & Hills, in area 3, it'll run to area 10 where there's lots of bushes and Vprey to knock you down while you're trying to line up a swing.

Well, pressing the select button makes you kick. Myself...I never found a practical use for this except to wake up a stunned or sleeping person, maybe that IS the purpose. I certainly wouldn't go kicking bombs and such with it, nor would it be my attack of choice against...well...anything.

But with the great sword out and ready to swing, your kick is MUCH faster. Meaning, say you knock a drome down, roll closer to it, and you have your weapon out and you want to swing but you can see that the drome will jump clear of the blade when you swing, press select, the speed of your little kick sends it reeling for that precious second and allows you to hit it and hit it hard. I managed to kill dromes without them even getting a jump in edgewise...I just ran in, hit a few times, kicked, hit more time, and every time I needed an extra attack, I kicked it.

If you already knew this, or this is old news, sorry...I'm a little slow on the up-take here. I just figured it out. Lol!
Back to top Go down
oz78
Town Chief
oz78

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Little Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Tips?   Little Tips? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 10:55 am

Nope that's a fine tip, I'm sure someone would find the information useful.

Hre's one from me
While using a bow, you don't roll after shooting an arrow or striking with a bolt. instead you make a brief but fast back hop. By tapping X repeatedly you can make a series of fas hop backs. Where this back hop seems to hamper your ability to move out of harms way, it's actually quite effective to evade attacks this way.

Edit: LOL I go carried away, this is MHF's section and MMHF didn't have bows! lol Excuse me.
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Little Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Tips?   Little Tips? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 6:30 am

I have tried kicking a herbivore to death. Took ages, got bored, so bashed his face in with my great sword.
Kicking has got really weak attack.
But if you get the felyne thing for kicking it massively increases your attack.
Back to top Go down
drago

drago

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Little Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Tips?   Little Tips? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 2:27 pm

i have a tip but a risky one (must have mhf1 to do).u shouldnt probably use this unless you are making a character.look at a weapon to make like the ravager sword for example.see wat u need to make it.then delete the character (thats why it has to be done in the beggining) and go get monster hunter freedom 1 and mine the type of ore.it goes quicker to find wat u want bc of how many new ore types there are in mhf2.
Back to top Go down
MH_JADE

MH_JADE

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Little Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Tips?   Little Tips? EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 11:03 pm

drago wrote:
i have a tip but a risky one (must have mhf1 to do).u shouldnt probably use this unless you are making a character.look at a weapon to make like the ravager sword for example.see wat u need to make it.then delete the character (thats why it has to be done in the beggining) and go get monster hunter freedom 1 and mine the type of ore.it goes quicker to find wat u want bc of how many new ore types there are in mhf2.

That's a good tip, just remember to back up the save on your PC first...
Back to top Go down
MrManga

MrManga

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Little Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Tips?   Little Tips? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 3:33 am

Kicking deals 25 damage (raw) no attr... and peices any armour Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slayer

Slayer

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Little Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Tips?   Little Tips? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:50 pm

The gs kick is much faster than normal....
Back to top Go down
pyropower

pyropower

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Little Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Tips?   Little Tips? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:51 pm

I love kicking Kelbi to death
Back to top Go down
Slayer

Slayer

Number of posts : 319